04 March, 2018

he keeps on hitting the walls and comes all the way back again

Air kraken are REAL! (Video link; should not autoplay, but it might.)

Found on a random profile under the heading "DEADLY TERMS USED BY WOMEN":
1) FINE: This the word women use to end an argument when she knows she is right and you need to shut up.
2) NOTHING: means something and you need to be worried.
3) GO AHEAD: this is a dare, not permission. Do not do it.
4) WHATEVER: A woman's way of saying screw you.
5) THAT'S OKAY: She is thinking long and hard on how and when you will pay for your mistake.
BONUS WORD: WOW!
This is not a compliment. She's amazed that one person could be so stupid.
Well, then.

And now, from the odder part of the grid...
[13:14] uxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hello
[13:15] Emilly Orr: Hello.
I won't lie, I tend to despise people who open with just 'hello' or 'hi'. Put some effort into it, give me a reason not to just ignore you. Tell me something. Even if it's just WHY YOU'RE MESSAGING ME, okay? It really helps to have more than just the bland, featureless, no-info-given 'hello'.
[13:15] uxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: can u help me?
[13:15] Emilly Orr: With?
[13:15] uxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i need only 56 linden please help me
Oh, good, another beggar. You know, I never begged in SL. In eleven years, I never begged. I got frustrated when I didn't have Lindens, when I got a job then lost it, when I was between homes, relationships, when there was severe RL turbulence...I never begged.

I suppose what's strange is I don't mind RL beggars, and will--when I have extra--support them however I can. I think because in RL, sometimes we have no choice to be poor, to be homeless, to be so down on our luck that there literally is nowhere to turn...but in SL, all that's a choice. I mean, wealth or poverty, these things still exist, but there are options in SL we don't have in RL.
[13:17] Emilly Orr: Do you know, there are places in SL you can actually work? There are also some Linden trees about, and there's a lot of in-world games, like Linden Gold Hunters, LxMix's Lucky Clovers and the like, where you travel about and collect things, then turn them in for L$.
Yes, I was being sarcastic, but also being serious. It's not as easy to dance your way to cash as it used to be, but there's still places you can sit for Lindens, pluck Lindens off trees, hunt for coins, fish, clovers, stars, whatever for Lindens.
[13:17] uxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: nope i dony
Which I highly, highly doubt, because this was a three-year-old avatar. Granted, a three-year-old avatar who was begging strangers for cash, with no picks, no FL pic, no real info anywhere...I mean, this isn't the usual bot behavior, but who knows, could have been a bot for all I know.
[13:18] Emilly Orr: Pull up search. Type in either employment, if you just want general options, or Gold Hunt/Lucky Clovers for their sims. All you need is a hud, though sometimes you'll need to be in their group to collect money.
[13:18] uxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i will see ty
[13:18] Emilly Orr: You're welcome!
And I moved on.

Here's to them finding their L$56, for whyever they need it, but here's more to them learning to forego begging for spare change. Beccause it never works, and more people will block beggars than actually answer them. If not directly reporting them for harassment or fraud to the Lindens and getting their accounts blocked.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...