12 March, 2018

you're sinking to the bottom now, you're losing control

This is actually a pretty on-point article on why many video game breast physics get so ridiculous, and coincidentally, why so many breast physics layers just profoundly do not work. Good to know, but getting people to actually improve...that's the trick.

And who knew Archie comics were so popular in India? I certainly never considered it, but apparently, they're so popular that there's going to be a Bollywood movie. I'd be afraid, but I've already seen Riverdale, and surely, it can't do worse than that.

At the beginning of March, or the end of February, Hippo Technologies gave up the ghost. As many of us thought that it was no longer in use anyway, it was a surprise to find businesses affected. One of the most surprising was Utilizator, who has set out a fairly detailed set of instructions on how to claim an update with the new cards from Caspervend.

I don't even know what this is all about. Is it a game? Is it an e-commerce site? I don't get it. You play the game, you sell virtual products...that are actually real? And shipped? Does anyone have more information?

In the meantime, I'm noticing a worrying trend on the grid:
CLUB G WILL BE OPEN TO ALL HUMAN APPEARING AVATARS, INCLUDING NON-MEMBERS FOR THIS EVENT
Now, I'm not trying to single Club-G out, they're a great place. Fun energy, good music, some great places to sun on the beach or by the pool if you're tired of dancing. No, it's more that..."all human appearing avatars" line.

I'm seeing that in a lot of places, now, not just dance clubs. Whole sims are back to 'human only' signs. It's no longer just 'no child avatars', which I do understand, but...no non-humans at all.

When did this happen? When did furs become persona non grata everywhere I go? Am I just wandering the wrong sims, going to the wrong clubs? Of course, I didn't think Club-G was one of those clubs, nor the Lowlands sim, nor several other places I've found wandering about.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these are bad places, and maybe that's part of the problem. And it's a problem we only notice if we don't have a human face. Should I start wandering the grid more as a cat, would that help? Or maybe the prejudice would just become more obvious. I don't know.

But it worries me. It does worry me.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...